Saturday, December 1, 2007

Goal setting 101

So what is goal setting and why is it so important?
The best way I can describe the importance of goal setting is by quoting Jim Rohn. Jim Rohn wrote: “If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan.”

Simply said, life is meant to be design and in order to design your life you need a plan. To create that plan, you need to know where you are right now and where you want to be. This is where goal setting becomes handy.

So what is goal setting?
Goal setting is an ongoing process where you stop and ask yourself: am I where I want to be (in a specific area of your life)? If the answer is no, you then ask yourself:
- Where exactly do I want to be?
- When do I want to get there?
- How will I get there?

The answer to those questions will give you a goal… a purpose.

Ready... Set... Goal...

To Your Success,
Jephtée E.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great idea to do this blog and I believe it will help people focus on key things in their lives that will help them get to the next level of achieving their goals. My motto which is simimlar to Rohn's is "If you want to get somewhere, you need to get on the bus".