Sunday, December 16, 2007

Life changing question

Hello everyone,

For those who are in Canada, aren't we bless this year with snow? 20-40 cm every other week. Yes! I had to comment on that because I am looking outside and it drives me nuts. To our Caribbean or European friends, an invitation would be very much appreciated.

So I was thinking of what to share with you guys this week, a lot of stuff came to mind however this one raised a red flag in my mind because if not addressed ASAP no need to keep on writing those articles. What is it you may wonder?

What would you answer, if I ask you what are your dreams?

Ok let me do better and actually ask you.

What are your dreams ___________________? (Put your name in the blank spot)

I am willing to bet 95% of you reading this article couldn't come up with an answer right away. You know its true. The funniest thing is I have known or spoke to many of you, at one point or another in the past few years… I cannot recall ever hearing you say: “this is one of my dreams or goals.”

Ok now if I know you guys as much as I think I do, you are probably thinking, I've never heard you say so either. True. I will be the first to admit that I did not had any dreams... yes I had things that I have wished for like everybody else but I did not had a clear vision of what I wanted. I've never stopped to think about it, just like 95% of the world population. I only started this process in the last 2 years.

Did you know that a study was conducted and they’ve found out that 5% of the world population holds 95% of the world wealth? Meaning that the other 95% are sharing between them 5% of the world wealth. You guys have probably figured that much out already but what most people have not figured out yet is the why. There are many theories out there but it really comes down to this one simple fact: these 5%have a crystal clear vision of what they want.

So to come back to our original question, which was, what is it you want in life, what are your dreams? If you answered:
- I want more money (come see me, I will give you some. Well if I give you 20$, wouldn't it be more then you have right now?)
- I want health (go to any hospital near you and ask a patient what he thinks of your health)
- I want to be happy (go see the parents of a serial killer and ask them about happiness)

I think by now you get my point. These are not dreams, they are not goals... they are things that everyone on this planet hope and wish for. Everyone wants more money, health and happiness. Now the ones who have achieved them are those who have taken these wishful thoughts and turn them into goals, into dreams.

Homework (yes you read right, its homework time): do not begin 2008 without an answer to this question, what is it you want in life?

To help you out, because it is not an easy task maybe the hardest homework you have ever done, I have posted a list of Dream Starters or Goal Triggers. Now let me warn you, I got that from a report I have received... I looked everywhere for a note about distribution rights or not... It was not mentioned so I decided to share it. If I get sued, you guys will receive your part of the bill :-)

Wow I thought this was going to be a short one. Its exercise time for me... I just received a new little gadget that I can't wait to try.

To a great week,
Jephtée

P.S.: don’t forget to leave your comments.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

MORE HOMEWORK!

Thanks Jephtee :)

First things first, the famous NicoleArt.ca Business Plan.

That's great to know that 5% of people truly have a vision, it's better than 0% ;-)

Let's see if we can all keep focused eh in this world we live in! Happy Holidays, it's great to keep our dreams in goals in check.

Nighty, night!

Anonymous said...

This homework is easy!

I've always had dreams..
I have talents that my world has never seen,and family and freinds that i shld spend me time with. However my problem is that i always feel the need to have someone's support. Someone close to me to push me to take that leap! Is that abnormal?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding everyone Jephtée!
As we close off 2007 and start the New Year it is a perfect thing to think about --- where do I go from here? Or better still how can I forward some of the things I really want to do....without coming up with excuses.

Sometimes there are reasons that we have to postpone things and other times we use these other reasons to procrastinate. Doing this homework will help us prepare to set the stage for 2008 when we must take action.

Good luck to everyone.

Unknown said...

Lady, I am speachless of how incredible this is. I love your bloggs. Speaking of fear the bible tells us that it does not come from God 2 Timothy 1:7 it says, “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” One thing to conquer the fear would also be to love.

Good day!
Lili K.

Jephtée Elysée said...

Hi Lili,
Thanks. Im glad you like my articles.

Yes indeed, love have the power to take away our deepest fear.

God bless girl