Sunday, June 8, 2008

TODAY

Ooooo! I am in such a good mood today. Not sure why but I am loving it. Maybe its because of the nice temperature, or the good meal that I just had, or the fact I spent some time with my little cousins yesterday at the fun fair or the fact that I have accomplished so much business wise this weekend and feel one step closer to accomplish one of my goals OR just a combination of it all.

Once, I read somewhere something that had stuck with me and I think since that day it has pretty much guided my way of thinking and living (without even realizing it). Wondering what was the magic words?

I will do today what others will not do, so I can do tomorrow what others cannot do.

Reading that one phrase my friends change my whole way of thinking and my way of doing things. Like most young people, I used to think that life is about “NOW”. I wanted to do as little work as possible and enjoy my youth. It’s a good thing that I read that because it opened my eyes and made me realized that people who are really enjoying their adult years are the ones who used their youth years to sow and now they can reap the results and enjoy every bit of it.

I decided to be in this category of people. You can make that same decision today and be one step closer to accomplish some of these goals that you have set up for yourself. I am NOT suggesting that you become a workaholic (all work and no play) but to find a good balance between work and play now, that will allow you to play a lot more later on.

The common denominator of success—the secret of success of every person who has ever been successful— lies in the fact that “THEY FORMED THE HABIT OF DOING THINGS THAT FAILURES DON’T LIKE TO DO.”” The Common Denominator of Success, by Albert Gray

Keep it up!
Jephtée E.

P.S.: for people reading this and thinking: “well who knows if I will see tomorrow or a few years from now so why bother?” let me ask you this, “what if you do live to see tomorrow and a few more years? Can you imagine being where you are right now? If yes, well don’t budge… if not, move your behind TODAY”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jephtée!
It's a pleasure for the that you let me be da first to read your next post.
Nice subject! You meaning to do anything I won't do? I guess it would be hard; but I really get the deal with it.
Yeah! I'm myself someone different
and I guess later, all thing I do I'll let it shine... as of the patience I put in my times.
Then, I guess you too do so.
So, your conclusion rocks!
"...move your behind TODAY!"
As it is written: "Never worry about your tomorrow. Instead, keep walking in faith, lead yourself unto God's will while knowing He's always here to save ya."

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

You know I enjoyed the article it was very intreguing. I was about to close and go off to bed cause am very tired. I said I will come back to the article tomorrow, another day and comment then. Hey this is exactly what the article is referring to, procrastinating, being lazy, what the hec! So I decided I must comment TODAY. So thank you and I hope and pray that I can apply these words of encouragement in every aspect of my life and leave the balance to the almighty.

Jephtée Elysée said...

Whoever left the previous comment... you just put a smile on my face. THANK YOU!